Salads always sound healthy and they tend to appear on peoples diet if they want to lose weight. However, there are a few buts to add:
- You can destroy a healthy salad with a mayonnaise loaded dressing.
- If your salad only contains vegetables, chances are high that you get hungry a couple of hours after lunch.
- Only cause the potato-cheese salad is called salad, doesn't mean it's healthy and helping on your diet.
My easy to prepare tuna salad includes everything you need for a filling but healthy lunch. The avocado-lemon dressing is creamy as your ranch dressing but replacing the saturated fatty acids with essential ones. To give you a longlasting fullness, the tuna chuncks provide the necessary proteins.
- 135g canned, drained tuna chuncks in water
- 100g lettuce mixed
- 1/2 Avocado
- 18p cherry tomatoes
- 1 capsicum
- 1 slice brown toast
- 1/2 onion
- 1 Tbsp aceto balsamico
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- Salt and Pepper
- For the dressing, mix avocado, aceto, onion, lemon juice, paprika, salt and pepper with a blender. If it is too thick, add some water
- Mix remaining ingredients, except toast, and pour dressing on top
- Eat toast as side