Zoodles are spiralized zucchini and can replace spaghetti for a low calorie/carb meal. For some people portion sizes are an important detail when it comes to losing weight. They are afraid of not getting enough food on the plate. Zoodles allow you to fill your bowl brimful and they give you a satisfying feeling after your meal.
There are several kind of spiralizers - I don't have any specific brand I could recommend but find some inspiration below.
INGREDIENTS (1 Portion)
- 2 medium zucchini
- 10 medium mushrooms
- 40g cream cheese
- 0.5 Onion
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Spiralize zucchini and set a side
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and add chopped onions. Fry till glazed
- Add mushrooms and let cook until mushrooms are soft
- Heat 1L water and fully cover zucchini for about 5 minutes
- Add cream cheese to mushrooms and simmer until cheese is melted. Add Salt & pepper.