As you all know I love my smoothie-bowls for breakfast. However, I wanted to get some other options for my breakfast. I tried to eat something savoury but after around 12 hours without eating, my body cries for something sweet in the morning. Therefore I came up with these amazing sweet potato pancakes. They are gluten - , sugar - and diary free so suitable for almost everyone except vegans. It needs a little bit preparation the day before, but other than that, it is super simple and tastes amazing. Give it a try.
INGREDIENTS (4 thick pancakes)
- 1 Medium sweet potato
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Maca powder (organic burst)
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- optional: coconut syrup or greek yogurt
- Peel the sweet potato and cook in boiling water until soft (can be done the night before)
- Mash sweet potato with a fork and add eggs, cinnamon, maca powder and coconut flour.
- Heat coconut oil in frying pan. With a wooden spoon form little pancakes and fry from each side for about 5 minutes.
- Top with berries, syrup, yogurt (if dairy is ok for you) or any other topping you like.