If you plan to meal prep you don't want to overburdern yourself with too much work. Therefore you should opt for an easy but filling lunch option where the different ingredients can be prepared and cooked at the same time. This quinoa pumpkin bowl with cottage cheese and pomegranate is the perfect meal prep dish.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 Serving)
- 80g raw quinoa
- 1/2 Avocado
- 300g Pumpkin
- 150g cottage cheese
- pomegranate seeds
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tsp paprika powder
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven at 200C
- Cook quinoa as indicated on packaging. If you like it soft cook with ratio 3:1 Water: Quinoa. To get a crunchier texture use 2:1
- Wash pumpkin and cut into 2 cm cubes. Mix with olive oil, some salt and paprika powder. Feel free to add any other spices you like. Kurkuma goes well but also some curry powder or pepper
- Spread pumpkin on a baking sheet and bake for app. 20-30 minutes until golden brown
- Peel avocado and cute into cubes. To prevent browning just add some lemon juice
- Place cooked quinoa in a bowl and top with pumpkin, avocado, cottage cheese and pomegranate seeds.